Tuesday, April 14, 2015

One Whole Year

We've now been married one whole year (and two days). It's kind of strange to think about since on one hand it feels like we've been married for a long time and on the other it feels like it should just be a few months since April 12th, 2014.

I've been married to this handsome man for 367 days now! :)

We're currently in Park City, UT for a little anniversary getaway and it's spring break for BYUI students, so we're going to be in Utah through Friday afternoon. We found an amazing deal through someone in the community for a 3-night stay at the Marriott Summit View. It's beautiful here! All the buildings are brightly colored and there's little shops and all sort of ski stuff. (It's a ski resort, basically.) But it's just the start of the off season (or right before it) so things are kind of sleepy around here right now. It's extremely pricey everywhere too. I picked up a little keychain (I collect them from the places I've been) and it was almost $8! But I found a small something for my mom and my grandma for mother's day AND a little hedgehog for myself. I'm hoping we can find a nice little mug for Ethan to commemorate our first anniversary getaway.

The kids made us an anniversary hotel suite the night before our anniversary. So sweet!!!! <3

Today we are planning to head into Salt Lake City for the Natural History Museum. We've been looking for some cheap or decently-priced things to do this week and so far we've come up with: Hogle Zoo ($12 per person), Natural History Museum ($11 per person), Salt Lake City Temple (free), and Temple Square (free). I found a 40% off coupon for a PaintNite in Layton that we are going to do tomorrow night. It's where you go and they teach you how to paint a picture but you can do it in your own style. It's a really popular thing right now. There's a place in Idaho Falls (The Grape Van Gogh) that I've been dying to go to, but it's pretty expensive for two people. With the  40% off coupon we only paid $50. We're going to do an endowment session with one of the sisters that taught me before I was baptized on either Wednesday or Thursday. And on whatever day we don't do the temple session, we will be going to Hogle Zoo (weather permitted... apparently the spring break memo was not received because it's supposed to snow!) And on Friday we are hitting up Trader Joe's and the mall (there's a couple things I need to pick up), then heading home. We also plan to eat at Cafe Zuppas, In-N-Out, and Popeye's. I've spent the past two nights budgeting everything out so that we don't break our bank account.

Some brightly colored buildings in the area.

I've also spent some time looking up low carb dinner recipes because I have been diagnosed with the dysmetabolic syndrome. It's completely reversible, but I have to go on an extremely low carb diet and take some meds. Getting this taken care of should bring back my periods and help me lose weight as well as reminding my body that it can't produce insulin willy-nilly and choose to not recognize that it's there. The thyroid is still an issue, as it will be for my entire life, but we're working on getting that in check too.


The building across from ours.
(The picture of our building isn't missing, so I will have to take another one later.)

The winter semester for school is completely over! I'm officially done with everything that I need for my Associate's Degree, but since I don't walk until spring semester I'm going to take a choir class and possibly an art class (if I can get into one since it's an override only type deal). Ethan will have 15 credits if everything goes as planned. I'll still have my math tutoring job, but it will be my last semester with it since I have to give it up when I graduate. And speaking of graduation, announcements will come to your mailboxes around late June. Spring classes are full swing starting April 20th and even though I will not be taking any actual classes I'm still dreading it, haha.

A random, fancy moose!

Well, I'm going to see if I can get Ethan awake so we can check out the free breakfast downstairs... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment