Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Update! Christmas through February

Hola. Weren't sure if we were still around? We are. I just haven't dedicated as much time to this blog as I would have liked. Regardless, it's about time I let everyone know what we've been up to. Hopefully you all still want to know what's going on in our lives, haha.

Christmas came and left quicker than I expected. We had a wonderful break! We moved about 5 days before Christmas and the only room we had completed unpacking was our bedroom--even the closet wasn't completely unpacked by Christmas!--so we put up our Christmas tree in the corner of our room. We spent Christmas eve with the Stewart family and Christmas day with just the two of us. We had planned to go to Lander with the rest of the family, but Ethan was scheduled to work the two days after Christmas so we stayed home. (And unpacked the kitchen as well as made lots of Christmas goodies like gingerbread cookies and peppermint bark.) Ethan's work ended up not having work for him so we stayed home for basically nothing, but it gave us some wonderful time to just be with each other without school and work.

For New Year's and my birthday we went to Aunt Pamela's. It was a nice, relaxing break with family. The day after, we spent the whole day shopping in Idaho Falls. Coming home to fill our cabinets and refrigerator with so much food was really awesome because much of it has lasted us through February.

School started the Monday after and won't end until April 10th. I started work again (I only work during the school semesters since I tutor for a handful of the math classes taught here) the following week with many more hours than I had last semester. A lot of changes have come to the Math Study Center, so work has been pretty stressful for me lately. Things are beginning to settle down, but I'm not sure how I feel about some of the changes yet. I'm really hoping they will branch off the online lab! Ethan has been consistently working (his work had been calling him to say there was no work for him for practically all of December and the beginning of January), which has been great for our bank account, but I miss having him home more. I've made my tutoring schedule somewhat mimic his work schedule so that we're both working at the same time. Sometimes that's nice, but other times it's really annoying because I never get to be home either.

We made some fairly big decisions this past month (which I will elaborate on in another post), so February has been full of changes for us. After a ridiculous fiasco with PayPal and Wal-Mart, we finally decided to just buy a couch from someone in town. It's kind of a cheap couch, but it's really comfortable and looks really nice in our living room. We also bought a wooden glider rocking chair from a friend in town. The upholstery job on the cushions needs to be fixed a little bit, which I'm happy to tackle once I get some spare time. The chair was a bright blue that I spray painted a shiny chocolate brown. It took me four days to complete and I still have the foot stool left to do, but I'm happy that our living room is finally coming together. We have curtains up in our windows now and it's really beginning to feel like a home! My mom sent me wall decorations for my birthday. We've hung a handful of them, but we've been waiting until we got a couch to hang the rest. Hopefully that's something we can do this weekend! (We bough the couch on Friday a few hours before we left for the CCHS alumni basketball game that Ethan played in.)

Overall, we haven't been up to a whole lot, but the little we have been up to has kept us really busy. And I'm VERY excited to finally have our apartment coming together and I think Ethan's really enjoying it as well. I'm just hoping that soon we will be able to enjoy it more together.

No comments:

Post a Comment