Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

Actually celebrating Valentine's Day was kind of a first for us. We've never actually "had" someone to share it with. I had told him that if we went out to dinner anywhere, we either had to go to Idaho Falls or do something the next day because I didn't want to deal with all the crowds. (With Rexburg being so small and LOTS of couples on campus, I figured it'd be ridiculous.) As it turned out, Valentine's was on a three day weekend, so we decided to go home to Dubois instead.

Original plans were to eat dinner at the cafe there because I hadn't been and it sounded kinda romantic (at least to me anyways, I don't know what he thought of it), but mostly because that's really all there is besides the gas station and home. Our plans changed when we found out that Aunt Pamela and his mom were going to be in IF and wanted to do a little wedding shopping (reception stuff.) So we met up with them at Wal-Mart, went to Michael's and Zurcher's. (We got several flowers to start working with and our guest book thing {it's not a traditional book} and later ordered some decorations.)

On our way to the Wal-Mart near I-15, we passed Buffalo Wild Wings. Ethan decided that's where we should go for dinner, which I was absolutely okay with! So Aunt Pamela, his mom, and little sister headed back to Dubois and we went off to dinner. It was yummy and definitely not expensive! (About $16 total for the two of us... which means we are going there more often.) After that, we stopped at Sonic for dessert--a chocolate malt for me (of course!) and a cream slush for him. Then we left for Dubois.

This is the present I put together for Ethan:



When we went to WinCo last weekend, I told him I was doing a candy poster for my roommates and made him help pick out the candy... little did he know it was all for him! I'm so sneaky ;) I also got him a little pocket knife thingy. It's not high quality, but I saw it on sale and remembered him mentioning that he'd like one.

He gave me marshmallow crispy Oreos, a whiteboard calendar, a game (it's called The 5 Second Rule--so fun!), and a love letter. Mm, I love his letters! SO MUCH.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Definitely tiring though after so much wedding planning!

1 comment: