Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Our First Christmas Card

Since September I've been dreaming of taking family pictures so that I could whip together a really cute Christmas card to mail out to our family & friends.

October came and went and I hadn't done much besides think of what colors I wanted us to wear for pictures.

November arrived and we decided to move to a nicer and pet friendly apartment. Which, sadly, meant less funds for us this semester because rent will be higher for us starting Dec. 20th. So having someone do our pictures sorta went out the window. BUT! I remembered we took family pictures on Thanksgiving at Aunt Pamela's last year, so why not jut have someone snag a few good ones of just Ethan and me this year? Brienna didn't come with us to Wyoming and Grandpa Stewart was sick, so Rusty wasn't there very long, so no one even planned on taking family pictures. Ethan and I decided we'd have someone grab one or two of us on Sunday after church, but then Sunday morning I woke up with a really sore back and didn't sleep well because of it. Meaning I wasn't in the mood for pictures. I didn't even go with them to church that morning :(

We came home and I considered maybe finding someone doing a special on a mini shoot, but I never really made an effort to look into it. So one evening when I was at work, I looked up Christmas cards on Minted.com, hoping that there would be a cute one that didn't require us to have a family picture included. I found one, but when writing the little update for the year I discovered that the most exciting things I could think of to write were: we got married, we went on a cruise, we bought a car, and we're moving. (Now that I think about it, that really would have sufficed... oh well, it's too late now.) So I chose the option of putting a small, random picture in place of the text. Because we didn't have any good pictures of us (we're REALLY terrible at documenting anything so I've noticed... next year's new year's resolution?), I plopped one of our engagement pictures in the space allotted.

I felt satisfied and ordered them. About two hours later, I realized I could have saved the progress and asked Ethan what to write for the update when I got off work. By then I couldn't cancel the order because Minted is wicked fast and had them in the queue for printing already. I figured I could just write a message on each of them when I addressed and stamped them up... but when that time came I changed my mind. Addressing is quite the task as it is, why add more to it especially when I needed to make the new address stand out to people (by adding an arrow and "our new address!" below it)?

So long story not made very short, here's the front of our Christmas card. I'm not posting the back because the internet doesn't need to have a picture of our address available for the universe, so you'll just have to wait until you get yours in the mail.


PS: If you want to make sure you're on our list to get one, please comment!
We've got 35 and only sent maybe 15 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment