Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ever since my first semester in college I have been on the hunt for a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found one through the wife of one of the counselors in my ward at church. During one of my moves (from Autumn Winds to Royal Crest, I believe) I lost the recipe. I've been on the hunt again and finally found one that I love. It happens to be Ethan's mom's recipe. We have a picture of it on his phone, but he's not always home when I want to bake cookies. So I'm going to post it here for easy finding for myself since I really don't want to have to carry my phone around the kitchen anymore when I'm baking.

Ingredients:

1 C softened shortening
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 C unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips*

*we use milk chocolate chips with mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Beat shortening, sugars, vanilla, water, and eggs until light and fluffy. Mix flour with soda and salt; blend into shortening mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop two inches apart from a teaspoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.**

**we use a cookie scoop (I like to make sure there's almost too much in the scoop because I like them nice and thick) and cook them exactly 10 minutes because they come out perfect (well, to our liking) that way



No comments:

Post a Comment