Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our Summer Vacation

I cannot wait until I have more time to dedicate to this blog! I really want to get into it and make it fabulous. Maybe have some tutorials or recipes to go along with the things we've done. For example, if we build a new dresser or make a really yummy dinner. We can take pictures during the process and I can later write up a post letting you know how to do it too. Basically, just sharing the love around here!

Anyways. It's been quite a while since we've updated. Ethan posted about our three month-iversary and we just had our four month-iversary last Tuesday, so it's been about a month. I bet you're just dying to know what we've been up to... right??

July 23rd: The semester was officially over! We spent the day cleaning and packing for our trip to Florida.

July 24th: We got a ride down to Salt Lake City for the airport and flew to Jacksonville, FL. We had a layover in Las Vegas. It was super duper hot!!! The flight from SLC to LAS we were able to sit together. The flight from LAS to JAX we got separated :( Did I mention it was a 5.5 hour long flight?! But then my mom took us to Denny's when she picked us up and I got to see my kitty once we arrived at the house, so it was okay in the end.

July 27th: We met up with Michelle and Aunt Pamela and the siblings at church. They headed off to the beach and we went back to the house to pack. We drove to five hours to Florida City and met up with everyone again to join the Florida leg of their Mega Roadtrip.

July 28th: Key Largo! Half of us went snorkeling and the other half went on a glassbottom boat tour. (Ethan and I forgot our swimming suits so we went on the boat.) Then we stopped at Subway for lunch and drove through the bottom half of the Everglades. On the way back to the hotel we found an AWESOME fruit stand called Robert Is Here. We bought some fresh mango, fresh fruit milkshakes, some honey, and some jam. Ethan also got a passion fruit.

July 29th: Shark Valley! We all took a tram tour through the upper part of the Everglades. After that, some of us tried some gator and frog meat. (Not me! Haha I know Brienna, Zane, Ethan, and Rusty did though.) Then we drove to a beach on the gulf coast and swam in some really large waves. We ended in Fort Meyers, FL.

July 30th: The Florida Aquarium! (In Tampa, FL) After seeing all the exhibits there, Ethan and I left the rest of the family and "headed back." We stopped in Lakeland, FL for a random drive around (we found Publix headquarters!!!) and in Orlando, FL for Ikea.

July 31st: Our Florida reception. We spent all day preparing for the reception. Linda Stephens brought lots of lovely flowers and decorations! (I love her so much!!!) And my Aunt Alice and Uncle Robert brought all the yummy food :) The reception was from 5:00-7:00 pm and about 50 people came. It was nice to see some of my St. Aug friends!

All the days between were relaxing, sleeping, eating, spending time with family and friends, and car shopping.

August 10th: WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST CAR! A cute little Kia Rio. It's a 2002 and it's a girly green. It has 71,000 miles and we paid only $2900 for it. We're pretty dang excited! Later, we drove down to Miami to leave for our cruise in the morning.

August 11th: Port of Miami! We boarded our cruise ship, Majesty of the Seas :) [[Don't worry, I will make a whole separate post with details about the cruise!]]

August 12th: **4 months!** Nassau, Bahamas! We went to Atlantis. My Aunt Alice and Uncle Robert paid for us to do the Aquaventure, which is this really cool waterpark.


**Ethan will do a picture post soon, so I will finish this when he does that way you have pictures to go along with what I'm writing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment