Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Car Accident

The Friday before General Conference, Ethan and I were in a car accident with my friend, Emily. We were trying to take Exit 310, but almost passed it. We were in the far left lane and Emily tried to switch to the right lane. She thought she had enough space/time to get across the lanes to the exit, but alas she did not. A bus hit the back passenger side of the car and spun us. We spun once or twice, I'm not really sure, and then rolled twice. (It felt like once, but a passing car of people that stopped to help us out of the wreck said they saw us roll twice.)

All I could think while we were spinning was, "We're going to slide into something or be hit by another car. It's going to hurt so bad!" I was bracing myself for some serious pain when we finally stopped. As soon as we did, I looked to the back seat to make sure Ethan was okay. And then I looked at Emily who was shaking and sobbing and just totally freaked out. A few seconds later, people were at our windows trying to see if we were okay and to help us out of the car. It was so scary and so surreal.

No one has serious injuries. Emily is really sore and hurting (she also had a few tiny cuts on her forehead from the shattered glass). Ethan had a tiny scratch/burn/whatever from the seatbelt that's already disappeared. I have a massive bruise on my right arm, a bruise on my thigh, and a seatbelt burn on my chest with some bruises. That's it. That's all. Somehow we survived, with barely anything serious, a possibly fatal accident.

The car landed on a fence and one of the posts stabbed through the car and missed my by an inch or so. It pinned my purse to the door instead of me, thank goodness! The back windshield is gone, but Ethan only had little shards of glass that he brushed out of his hair. It's so unbelievable, but I'm incredibly grateful that all three of us are okay.

Here's some pictures of the car:


Can you tell a bus hit us?



This is the picture Ethan took with his phone after the paramedics showed up.


Where the bus hit us.

The guy next to the car is a retired paramedic that helped us out of the car and called 911.

We were very close (just a few feet or so) from RVs at a dealership.
Thank goodness we didn't hit any of them... that would have been worse!
The Albrights' poor car! :(

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How scary! I am so thankful that you and Ethan were both okay and didn't get seriously hurt!

    ReplyDelete